Catching up on current events, including the latest news and other erratic thoughts.
While I believe in a lot more than just two things, and fearing that I will feel the wrath of CNN’s Brooke Baldwin, I do agree with sports journalist Clay Travis in that I love both the First Amendment and boobs.
To anyone that called on ESPN to fire Jemele Hill for calling Donald Trump and his supporters white supremacists, stop it. Let them keep showing their double standards and then let them know how you feel by your choice of what to view. Hopefully their numbers get bad enough that they move away from the politics and go back to focusing on sports, if not others will fill the void.
I think I need to visit the good folks at Sports Clips soon for a haircut.
While I haven’t watched the Emmy Awards in years and had no intention of breaking that streak this year, I had to ponder that if their goal was to make sure my streak continues was to have the unfunny and always bitter Steven Colbert as their host this year.
This year’s Emmy’s managed to break the record for the lowest ever viewership breaking the previous record low set just last year. While nearly twice as many were tuned into the Sunday Night Football match-up between the Green Bay Packers and the Atlanta Falcons (the Falcon’s inaugural regular season game in their new $1.6 billion stadium) the NFL and NBC have nothing to celebrate as it was an 11% decrease over the previous year.
Are you willing to spend $1000 for a new I-phone? If so please contact me because, quoting George Strait:
I’ve got some ocean front property in Arizona
From my front porch you can see the sea
I’ve got some ocean front property in Arizona
And if you’ll buy that I’ll throw the Golden Gate in free
Will the Fox News Network allow Bill O’Reilly to be on to promote his new book “Killing England: The Brutal Struggle for American Independence?”
I suspect this was true in virtually every college town, the local media couldn’t get to Notre Dame fast enough to bring us emotional sob stories following Jeff Session’s announcement on ending DACA. I couldn’t help but wonder why all the local and almost all of the national media were unable to find one intelligent voice that could express a dissenting point of view.
If there was any illusion that if/when Congress follows the Constitution and enacts a lawful form of DACA that it will be enough to satisfy those with the loudest cries, you need to look no further than the takeover of none other that the House’s Democratic leader, Nancy Pelosi’s, press conference chanting: “All of us or none of us.” Well if that’s our choice??
How much do you or your friends know about:
- Donald Trump’s latest tweet?
- A sitting US Senator that is currently on trial facing corruption allegations for accepting bribes in exchange for political favors?
- Sean Spicer’s appearance at the Emmy Awards
- The arrest of former DNC Chairperson, Debbie Wasserman Schultz’s and many other top Democrats. top IT person and the investigation into his family?
- Late night talk show host, Jimmy Kimmel’s view on the the latest proposed health care coverage bill. I’m curious as to where he gets his information on the details included? An interesting note is that Ben Shapiro experience a similar experience with his daughter at the age of 1 1/2 including being operated on by the same doctor and at the same hospital as Jimmy Kimmel’s son. Not surprising he has a completely different viewpoint.
- The fact that “former Obama administration UN ambassador Samantha Power requested the ‘unmasking’ of Americans named in intelligence reports more than 260 times during her last year in office.” While some might be able to justify Obama’s National Security Advisor, Susan Rice, doing much the same, how can one explain this for the UN ambassador?
America’s sun seems to shine a bit brighter when Jonathon Dunne, aka Irish John, aka Freedom’s Disciple is stateside spreading the message of the greatness of our founding principles and American Exceptionalism.
It’s a great time of year to visit you local Farmer’s Market for fresh picked corn, tomatoes and in my area it’s the beginning of apple season.
The devastation to the citrus crop in Florida, after Hurricane Irma, makes me very sad.
September 26th is the Republican run-off election in Alabama, between Mitch McConnell’s select candidate, Luther Strange, and independent minded, conservative, Judge Roy Moore, to compete for the Senate seat once held by AG Jeff Sessions. Why is President Trump going to Alabama to campaign for Luther Strange?
Am I a bad person for finding enjoyment at seeing the likes of Ann Coulter discovering that Donald Trump isn’t the messiah that they made him out to be in last year’s campaign?
The First Amendment guarantees the freedom of religion, speech, the press, to peaceably assemble, and the ability to petition the Government for a redress of grievances. The three branches of government are Executive, Legislative and Judicial. With the exception of a possible brain fart on all five in the First Amendment I hope most reading will already know this. Sadly you’re in the minority as one survey shows that 37% of those questioned couldn’t name even one First Amendment right. Another survey shows that, of those questioned, only 26% can name all three branches of government.
Happy Fall from Northern Indiana.